Här publiceras tillgängliga tjänster vid Sveriges ambassad i Washington D.C. samt vid de svenska konsulaten i USA.
Det finns för närvarande en tjänst utlyst:
The Embassy in Washington seeks a multi-skilled maintenance supervisor
Embassy of Sweden in Washington, DC is one of Sweden’s largest missions with more than fifty employees, of which around half are sent out from Sweden. The Embassy is composed of seven sections. The Embassy represents Sweden in the United States and contributes background and reports to the Government Offices and provides comprehensive service to the general public. A main task is to promote Swedish interests and to contribute to increasing trade and cultural exchange between Sweden and the U.S.
The Embassy is charged with conducting a comprehensive outreach program within the framework of the broad Sweden Promotion activities. Promotional activities (seminars, exhibitions, workshops, etc.) make up a significant portion of the Embassy workload and involve most of the staff.
• Carry out tasks relating to exhibits/events such as painting, mounting and connecting stands to electrical mains, maintaining display material, moving/packing/unpacking exhibits etc.) of the Embassy’s Public Diplomacy and Cultural Section
• Act as the focal point for the National Property Board of Sweden regarding contracts and repairs, mainly at the residence of the Ambassador.
• Supervise, monitor and follow-up of the work of various contractor (building maintenance and garden landscaping) at the Ambassador’s residence
• Maintain and order office supplies for the Embassy, including the handling of contracts for office equipment (with the exception of computers)
• When necessary, fill in as driver, and at Embassy’s switchboard.
• Experience of carpentry/painting. Prior experience with event projects desirable.
• Being service-minded, responsible and a hands-on problem solver
• Accustomed to working independently, while consulting appropriately with supervisor
• Driver’s license
• Good knowledge of English necessary, knowledge of Swedish an asset.
The Embassy provides an attractive worksite, which is exemplary in its attempt to avoid discrimination and to provide equal opportunities for all. Start date mid April, 2015 or in accordance with agreement.
U.S. citizenship or permanent residency (Green Card) are required.
Salary: Individual wages rates apply.
More information about the position can be provided by Samantha Canfield, phone: (202) 467-2656. Information on working conditions can be provided by Maria Martignier, phone: (202) 467 2630. Representative for the local union is Britt-Marie Forslund, phone (202) 467 2642.
Please submit applications and resumés by email to Ambassaden.firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 23, 2015.