Live in Sweden non EU/EEA citizens

If you are a citizen from a non-EU or a non-EEA country, or if you are stateless, and intend to live in Sweden for one year or more, you are generally required to be registered in the  Swedish Population Register.

In order to be registered in the Swedish Population Register (folkbokförd) you first need to have a residence permit (uppehållstillstånd) in Sweden which is valid for at least one year.

> Read more about how to register yourself in the Swedish Population Register "Skatteverket"

If you do not have a residence permit you must contact the Swedish Migration Agency (Migrationsverket) for more information about how to apply for a Swedish residence permit.

> More information at the Swedish Migration Agency’s website