Visa for visiting Sweden

Citizens of the Republic of Croatia do not need an entry visa (Schengen-visa) to go to Sweden for a short-term visit (maximum 90 days within a six months period).

Citizens of other countries residing in the Republic of Croatia may need an entry visa. To check if you need an entry visa click here.

An entry visa is a permit required by persons wishing to enter Sweden for a temporary visit, for example:

  • on business or to take part in a conference
  • to visit relatives and friends
  • as a tourist

The Royal Norwegian Embassy in Zagreb handles all Schengen visa applications to Sweden lodged in the Republic of Croatia (list of Swedish Schengen representations here).

For further information on how to apply, please refer to the official website or contact the Royal Norwegian Embassy on the following address:

Royal Norwegian Embassy
Grand Centar
Hektorovićeva 2/3rd floor
10000 Zagreb

Phone: +385 1 62 73 800
Fax: +385 1 62 73 899

Visa hours: 10.00-12.00 Monday through Friday

For supplementary appendices to the application for Schengen-visa to Sweden (appendices A, E and D), visit the Swedish Migration Board site here.

Please note that the Royal Norwegian Embassy in Zagreb handles only Schengen-visas on behalf of Sweden.

As an EU citizen you have the right to work, study or live in Sweden without a residence permit.

If you are a citizen of a country outside the EU, you have to apply for a residence permit at the Embassy of Sweden in Zagreb, or contact the Migration Board in Sweden (see link to the right).