Study in Sweden – non EU/EEA-citizens

If you will be studying in Sweden for more than three months and you are a Non-EU/EEA citizen, you need a residence permit.

In general, to acquire a residence permit to study in Sweden, you must have been admitted to a fulltime course of study and you must have the means to support yourself. You must arrange for your residence permit before leaving for Sweden.

The quickest and easiest way of applying for a residence permit to study at universities and colleges in Sweden is to apply online. Online applications go directly to the Swedish Migration Board and are given priority.

> Online application on the Swedish Migration Board website

If you are interested in studying at university/college level in Sweden, you can find a full range of information on the Study in Sweden website.

> Study in Sweden