Study in Sweden – EU/EEA-citizens

EU/EEA-citizens and long-term residents  

If you are an EU citizen, you are entitled to study in Sweden without a residence permit. Furthermore, special rules apply if you have a Residence permit and long-term resident status in another EU country. Read about the rules at the Swedish Migration Board website.

> Swedish Migration Board website

To be registered in the Swedish Population Register as a student, you need to study for at least 12 months. The required documents to bring to the Swedish Tax Agency office (servicekontor) depend on if you move by yourself or if you move with your family member. Read about the rules at the Swedish Tax Agency website.

> Swedish Tax Agency website