Change of Name

An application for a legal change of name may not be submitted along with a passport application.

Contact the Swedish Tax Authority to apply for a name change before applying for a new passport.

In order to legally change your name, you must complete and submit the name change registration form SKV 7630.  Read and follow the directions carefully.

If married, submit a copy of your marriage certificate.  Note that your spouse must co-sign the application.

Mail the application to the local tax office where you were most recently registered. Directory of local tax offices.