You pay a fee for your visa application. The money is not refunded if your application is rejected.
Fee for visa application
Adults: JPY 6,900- (equivalent of 60 Euro)
Children aged 6 - 12: JPY 4,000- (equivalent of 35 Euro)
The application fee is tied to the euro and is revised in the event of any major shift in the exchange rate.
How to pay
If you are applying online, you pay with a credit card or a bank card on the web.
If you are applying directly at the Embassy, you pay preferably by VISA or Mastercard, but cash is also accepted, when you visit there.
The followings pay no fee:
- Children under six years of age.
- School pupils, students, research students and accompanying teachers on study or training trips.
- Third-country researchers travelling for the purpose of pursuing scientific research.
- Representatives of non-governmental organisations who are aged 25 or under, who take part in seminars, conferences, sports events, cultural events or educational events organised by NGOs.
- Relatives of citizens of the EU, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Switzerland, if they travel together with them or will be meeting them in connection with the trip. Read more about which individuals are counted as relatives on the Swedish Migration Agency website. Relatives of Swedish citizens have to pay a fee for visa applications.
Swedish Migration Agency website
Citizens of countries that have signed visa facilitation agreements with the EU pay a reduced fee or are exempt from payment. This applies to citizens of:
Visits longer than 90 days
Adults and children: JPY 6,900- (equivalent of 60 EURO)
Residence permits for a visit
Adults: equivalent of SEK 1000-
Children under 18: equivalent of SEK 500-
Japanese citizens are exempted from the application fees.