Official logotype for anniversary celebrations 2018
The official joint logotype is available for use by organizations and other groups planning activities related to the anniversary year, after approval by the respective Embassy. The logotype may not be used without written permission.
The logotype will be used in both countries for events related to the 150th anniversary. The official logotype is designed using the colors of the Japanese and Swedish national flags as warp and weft, symbolizing the ties of friendship that the two countries have woven over the past 150 years. The graphic designer is Mr. Akihiko Sawada from the company Bold Graphic in Tokyo.
The logotype is available in color and in black/white and can be used both digitally and in print. The size can be adjusted according to needs. It may not be used without written permission.
The following guidelines have been agreed for the use of the anniversary logotype:
- The event should take place in Sweden/Japan no later than December 31st 2018 in principle.
- The event should aim to promote Japanese-Swedish relations, encouraging exchange and/or strengthening the friendship between Japan and Sweden, in various fields such as politics, economy, education, science and technology, culture, society, sports etc. This includes events related to corporate contributions to society.
- The objective of the event should not be to advocate any particular principle, ideology or religion, any political activity or election campaign and must not violate public order or standards of decency.
- The logotype will not be used for commercial purpose.
- Financial costs of the events should be fully borne by the organizer.
- The rules and regulations of the event venue should be adhered to and the rights of other persons (including copyright) will not be infringed.
Organizations/groups planning events in Japan during the anniversary year, and who want to apply for permission to use the logotype, please contact the Embassy of Sweden in Tokyo, see below. For events taking place in Sweden, please contact the Japanese Embassy in Stockholm.
Using the logotype for events in Japan: How to apply
Download the two documents found on the right side of this page (‘150 Event Info.docx’ and ‘150 Logo Guidelines.docx’).
1. Fill out the document ‘150 Event Info.docx’ in English and Japanese. Save as Word Document.
2. Read through the logo guidelines in ‘Logo Guidelines.docx’ carefully. Print out the document, sign it and scan as PDF.
Please send the two requested documents to the below e-mail address. The signed letter can be scanned and submitted as an attachment to the e-mail (you are not required to send the original letter by post). Other documents that you may want to submit (such as brochures or other information materials) can be attached to the e-mail as long as they do not exceed 3MB. Attachments that are too large should be sent by regular post the below address.
We need your application no later than four weeks before you would like to start using the logotype. After we have received your application, we will review the information and send you a response by e-mail as soon as possible. The logotype data will be submitted to you digitally or according to separate agreement. Applications are not returned.
Subject: application logotype (+ Name of the event)
Embassy of Sweden
Ref. application logotype