Official logotype for anniversary celebrations 2018
The official joint logotype is available for use by organizations and other groups planning activities related to the anniversary year, after approval by the respective Embassy. The logotype may not be used without written permission.
The logotype will be used in both countries for events related to the 150th anniversary. The official logotype is designed using the colors of the Japanese and Swedish national flags as warp and weft, symbolizing the ties of friendship that the two countries have woven over the past 150 years. The graphic designer is Mr. Akihiko Sawada from the company Bold Graphic in Tokyo.
The logotype is available in color and in black/white and can be used both digitally and in print. The size can be adjusted according to needs. It may not be used without written permission.
The following guidelines have been agreed for the use of the anniversary logotype:
- The event should take place in Sweden/Japan no later than December 31st 2018 in principle.
- The event should aim to promote Japanese-Swedish relations, encouraging exchange and/or strengthening the friendship between Japan and Sweden, in various fields such as politics, economy, education, science and technology, culture, society, sports etc. This includes events related to corporate contributions to society.
- The objective of the event should not be to advocate any particular principle, ideology or religion, any political activity or election campaign and must not violate public order or standards of decency.
- The logotype will not be used for commercial purpose.
- Financial costs of the events should be fully borne by the organizer.
- The rules and regulations of the event venue should be adhered to and the rights of other persons (including copyright) will not be infringed.
Organizations/groups planning events in Japan during the anniversary year, and who want to apply for permission to use the logotype, please contact the Embassy of Sweden in Tokyo, see below. For events taking place in Sweden, please contact the Japanese Embassy in Stockholm.
Using the logotype for events in Japan: How to apply
The application consists of two parts:
1. Short description of the planned event, including information about:
- Time and place
- Organizers and other supporting partners
- Financial contributors including sponsors
- How and in what contexts the logotype will be used
- Contact details of the organizer (e-mail, postal address and telephone number).
2. A short signed letter stating a commitment to follow the agreed guidelines for the use of the logotype.
Please send the requested information per e-mail to the below address. The signed letter can be scanned and submitted as an attachment to the e-mail (you are not required to send the original letter by post). Other documents that you may want to submit (such as brochures or other information materials) can be attached to the e-mail if possible and not too large in size. Large files (>3MB) should be sent by normal post to the below address.
We need your application no later than four weeks before you would like to start using the logotype. After we have received your application, we will review the information and send you a response by e-mail as soon as possible. The logotype data will be submitted to you digitally or according to separate agreement. Applications are not returned.
Subject: application logotype (+ Name of the event)
Embassy of Sweden
Ref. application logotype