Temporary border controls

The Swedish Police carry out checks on persons wishing to enter Sweden from other Schengen States at some border crossing points. 

If you wish to enter Sweden, you must prove that you are entitled to stay  by:

  • having a residence permit in Sweden; or
  • being a citizen of a Schengen State.

The Netherlands is a Schengen State. If you have the Dutch nationality, a passport or a national ID card is required. A national ID card is an ID card issued by the competent authority in each EU Member State.

Read more
Temporary border controls