Driving licence

From 1 December 2010 there are new rules regarding renewing Swedish driving licences for persons permanently living abroad.

If you are permanently residing in another EU/EEA country you will not be able to renew your Swedish driving licence in Sweden after 1 December 2010 but should exchange it for the licence of the country in which you live.

You can find more information on how to exchange your Swedish driving licence for a Dutch on the webpage of RDW:

If you are temporarily living abroad in another EU/EEA country, please contact the Swedish Transport Agency for more information:
Swedish Transport Agency