RE-DRESS Clothes Swapping Event
RE-DRESS is a clothes swapping event and an excellent way to revitalise your closet in a climate-friendly way. The Embassy has arranged two clothes swapping events in The Hague(in june and september 2016). Now it's time for RE-DRESS Amsterdam Edition!
Join us for the RE-DRESS Amsterdam Edition!
SATURDAY March 11 at 14:00 - 17:00
at the Swedish pop up store "The Pelican Studio Invites Sweden"
RE-DRESS is a fun and social activity that helps reduce our impact on the environment.
Bring your own fresh, Clean clothes in good condition and swap them for new ones. Clear your wardrobe of perfectly good clothes that you no longer use. Bring them to Re-dress and leave with an equal number of new clothes (maxium of 5 items per person), completely free of charge. It couldn’t get any better, for you or for the environment.
Besides helping out our environment, there are several benefits to you personally:
• You don’t have to throw away perfectly functional clothes
• You get new clothes for free
• You get to meet likeminded people
How does it work?
- Bring items of clothing you no longer need or want (max. 5 items p.p.). We only accept fresh and clean garments in good condition. Accessories (e.g. bags, shawls) in good condition are also accepted. No shoes, however.
- You will receive a ticket for each garment you leave (max. 5 items p.p.), which will entitle you to pick out another garment for you.
- Garments that are left over at the end of the day will be donated to a local non-profit organisation or second-hand store. Clothes will not be returned to the previous owner.
- Clothes may be dropped off throughout the event.
- Swedish fashion clothes are extra welcome!
In order to guarantee the quality of the event we will be strict when accepting items of clothing and we reserve the right to reject clothes that do not meet the standards
Afterwards, you can help spread the idea further by posting pictures of your favourite new clothes on social media along with the hashtags #redress and #clothesswapping.
Found new Swedish brands? Share your favorites with the hashtag #sWeWear
The first RE-DRESS Clothes Swapping event took place on June 11, 2016 and the second edition on September 24, 2016. Stay tuned for future events.