For information regarding residence permit in Sweden as a self-employed please read the following:
To be granted a residence permit, you must be able to prove that you own at least fifty percent of the company, that you run the business and that you have the ultimate responsibility for it. Your company must be expected to achieve satisfactory profits and be able to support you and your family (if applicable) during the two-year probationary period.
You should demonstrate that you have solid experience in the business/industry and you should also have previous experience running your own business. Swedish and/or English language skills are necessary to run a business in Sweden.
The Migration Agency will assess your business plans from the financial perspective.
You must append bank statements showing that you have:
- the necessary capital to establish or buy a business.
- personal funds adequate to sup-port yourself and your family during your first year in Sweden.
You must provide a detailed accounting of your business plans, by appending the following to your application:
- Business plan
- Market study
- Contracts with customers/suppliers
- Contract for business premises
- Investment budget, liquidity budget and profit/loss budget
- Budgeted balance sheet
The application form must be filled out carefully and completely.
The following must also be appended to your application:
- Passport copies
- Permits (if applicable) for temporary/permanent residence in a country other than your country of origin
- Receipt for payment of application fee if you are extending your permit.
- you are able to demonstrate that you have solid experience in the sector and you should also have previous experience running your own business
- you have Swedish and/or English language skills
- your company must be expected to achieve satisfactory profits and be able to support you and your family (if applicable) during the two-year probationary period