Visiting relatives and friends – extra documents
If you apply for a visa to visit relatives and friends, you need the documents listed below.
The forms must be completed either in Swedish or in English. Documents issued by the authorities in your country of origin are to be submitted together with a translation in Swedish or in English by an authorised translator.
You must have:
- The documents required by all visa applicants. Read more under ‘Required documents’.
- A copy of the first page in your passport, and any extensions and/or name changes in the passport
- Your previous passport(s) if a new passport has been issued over the past 12 months.
- A copy of you ID card (no translation required)
- A copy of your air ticket booking (we advise you not to pay for any air tickets before your visa has been granted).
- And - if you are planning to visit relatives - documents showing how you are related.
- And - if you are under 18 or are accompanied by children - additional documents as described under "Minors" in the menu on the left.
- Documents concerning the relative or friend in Sweden
You must also attach documents concerning the relative or friend you plan to visit in Sweden.
Documents must not be older than three months.
You must have:
- Form no. 241011: Invitation – If you wish to invite a relative or friend to visit you. You must submit the original form and it must be completed and signed by the relative or friend in Sweden wishing to invite you.
- Civic registration/family certificate (personbevis) for the relative/friend in Sweden. Such a document for the purpose of an invitation may be ordered from the Swedish Tax Agency.
- And – if the relative/friend will be paying for your support in Sweden – his/her pay slip, pension statement or statement of account for the past three months.