First-time Passport Application for Child
Passport applications for children under 18 who have never previously had a Swedish passport must first apply for and obtain a Swedish ID-number (samordningsnummer) from Skatteverket. Once the ID-number has been obtained, the following is required for a child applicant when applying for a new passport.
- The child must be accompanied to the Embassy/Consulate General by his/her legal guardian. If legal custody has been granted to one parent or to another person, legal proof of guardianship must be submitted with the application. Please use the form "Blankett vårdnadshavares medgivande" to the right.
- Parents must prove their identity by showing valid passport or othet photo-ID.
- If only one of the parents can accompany the child, the written consent by the other parent must be submitted as well as a copy of his/her valid passport or other photo-ID.
- Birth certificate for the child
- Decisions from Skatteverket as to the name and the ID-number.
- Copy of legal guardians' marriage certificate, if married.
- Application fee which is the equivalent of SEK 1 400 in the local currency.
Unless otherwise stated above, all documents must be originals.