You pay a fee for your visa application. The money is not refunded if your application is refused.
Fee for visa application
Adults: 60 Euro to be paid online through web application
Children aged 6 - 12: 35 Euro to be paid online through web application
Children under 6: no fee
How to pay
You register your application and book an appointment online, you pay with an international credit card or a bank card on the web at the same time.
In a few special, urgent and exceptional cases it might be possible to submit a paper application, in these cases the fee must be paid in Rials to the Embassy's account at Pasargard bank. The fee is to be paid into account number 224-8100-20202020-1 and the account holder is ‘Swedish Embassy’. You cannot pay the fee for a paper application via Internet.
Please note that the payment must be made in the applicant’s name. The applicant’s name must also be stated on the receipt of the payment.
The application fee is tied to the Euro and is revised in the event of any major shift in the exchange rate.
To see the fees in local currency please see the attached PDF Application fees Migration Section updated 170816
The following visa applicants pay no fee:
- Children under six years of age.
- School pupils, students, research students and accompanying teachers on study or training trips.
- Third-country researchers travelling for the purpose of pursuing scientific research.
- Representatives of non-governmental organisations who are aged 25 or under, who take part in seminars, conferences, sports events, cultural events or educational events organised by NGOs.
- Relatives of citizens of the EU, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Switzerland, if they travel together with them or will be meeting them in connection with the trip. Read more about the requirements here: ''EU – Family members'' Relatives of Swedish citizens have to pay a fee for visa applications.
Citizens of countries that have signed visa facilitation agreements with the EU pay a reduced fee or are exempt from payment. This applies to citizens of:
- Cape Verde
If you mistakenly payed a fee when applying although you are exempted from the requirement the Embassy will refund the fee to you.
Visits longer than 90 days
Residence permits for a visit
Adults: 1 000 SEK to be paid in local currency, 4,700,000 IRR
Children under 18: 500 SEK to be paid in local currency, 2,350,000 IRR
Adults and children: 60 Euro, to be paid in local currency, 2,700,000 IRR
For fees regarding residence and work permit, please visit the Migration Agency's website.
About refund procedure
If for any reason you paid a fee which you think you shouldn’t, you should first contact the Embassy (preferably by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org). Then the Embassy will consider your request and respond to you as soon as possible. Please note that a refused application is not a reason for refund.
If you paid a fee to Embassy’s bank account in Pasargad Bank in Iran
If you paid a wrong fee to the Embassy’s bank account in Pasaragad Bank, you need to visit the Embassy in person during visiting hours. You should bring the following:
- The original receipt of the payment
- The payment must be have been made in your name, and your name must also be present on the receipt of the payment
- Your passport, ID card or Shenasnameh
After receiving your documents, the Embassy will consider your case.
If you applied for visa online and paid the fee online
If you applied for a visa online but you are exempted from paying the application fee or if you want to cancel your online visa application before the processing of it has begun, you should do the following:
- Cancel your application; to do that, send a letter to the Embassy indicating your wish to cancel your application and would like your money refunded. The letter should be signed. If you send us an email you should scan a signed copy of the letter and attach it to the email.
- Attach the receipt of the electronic payment in Euro to your letter. The receipt of the electronic payment was sent as a confirmation email after the online payment was confirmed and contains the reference number and payment ID.
- Attach a copy of your passport.
After receiving your request, the Embassy will determine if you are entitled to a refund and if all required documents are submitted. If so, the money will be transferred directly to the account from which the payment was done.
Please note that this process may take some time as visa applications are the top priority at the Embassy.