EU and EEA citizens

  • IT in Sweden

    IT in Sweden Photo: Mona Loose/Image Bank Sweden

An EU/EEA citizen who is an employee, self-employed person, a provider or recipient of services, a student or a person who has sufficient funds to support himself/herself, has a right to reside in Sweden.

Sweden is a member of the European Union (EU). The following countries also belong to the EU: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and the United Kingdom. The European Economic Area (EEA) agreement ensures that citizens of Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway also enjoy freedom of movement within the EU countries.

For information on residence in Sweden, please click on the link below. 
EU and EEA citizens 

Permanent residence card

For additional information, please contact the Embassy of Sweden or the Swedish Migration Board at the address to the right.