Citizens of a non-EU country

  • handelshinder_helena_kaasik

    Business. Photo: Helena Kaasik

If you are a citizen of a non-EU country and want to work in Sweden, you will probably need to obtain a work permit.

You do not need to apply for a work permit if you:

  *   have a permanent residence permit in Sweden
  *   have a residence permit to attend a college or university in Sweden
  *   have a special residence permit to work as a visiting researcher in Sweden
  *   are an asylum seeker and have an AT-UND (exemption from the obligation to hold a work permit)
  *   are a citizen of an EU country.