'Swedish Dads & Singaporean Dads' Panel discussion + Photo Exhibition
Embassy of Sweden in Singapore and the Swedish Institute, in partnership with IKEA, proudly presents:
‘Swedish Dads’ – a photo exhibition
10 Oct - 20 Oct 2017
The DECK, Activity Room
Swedish Dads is a thought provoking photo exhibition featuring a down-to-earth peek into the lives of dads who took extended parental leave. This exhibition will include 10 Singaporean Dads photos, where they share their experiences of fatherhood.
Through their stories, the Embassy of Sweden hopes to raise awareness of the role dads can play and encourage debate and discussion on family friendly national policies.
The photo exhibition is open to the public from Oct 11.
To kick off discussions, the Embassy of Sweden will organize a panel on the topic of ‘Parental Policies and its impact on business and the economy’
What effect has family friendly policies had on the Swedish economy? What are the opportunities in Singapore, and why is family friendly policies smart economics from a business perspective?
Date & Time: Tuesday 10 October 2017 6pm-8pm
6pm -7pm- Panel Discussion
7pm- Openin of the Swedish + Singaporean Dads Photo Exhibition
Location: The Deck, 120A Prinsep Street, Gallery 2
About the Event
- Dr Mathew Mathews, Families for Life Council Member, Senior Research Fellow
Institute of Policy Studies, Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy
National University of Singapore
- Ms. Anna-Karin Lindblom, Deputy Director-General, Head of Gender Equality Division, Ministry for Health and Social Affairs, Government Offices of Sweden
- Mr. Lars Svensson, Sustainability and Communications Director, IKEA Southeast Asia
- Ms. Jacqueline Gwee, Director, aAdvantage Consulting Group
HE Mr. Håkan Jevrell, Ambassador of Sweden to Singapore
Mr. Augustine Anthuvan, Channel NewsAsia
This session will cover:
- How can family friendly policies strengthen the economy?
- What do working parents really need?
- What family friendly workplaces of the future might look like?
- How leaders and managers can help employees have a positive connection between work and family life?
- An insight into organisations leading the way with flexible and family friendly workplaces
Who should attend?
HR professionals, diversity practitioners and the wider business community
Register here for the event