Sports or cultural visit – extra documents

If you apply for a visa to visit Sweden for a sporting or cultural purpose, you need the documents listed below.

Documents issued by the authorities in your country of origin are to be submitted together with a translation in Swedish or English by an authorised translator.

You must have:

  • The documents required by all visa applicants. Read more under ‘Required documents’.
  • An original invitation letter from whoever is organising the event in Sweden. The invitation should be on official paper and clearly state: the purpose and duration of stay, a detailed program and itinerary, an indication of the costs of the study/sports and the entity that will pay for them.
  • An original letter from the Chinese cultural or sports organisation. The letter should be on official paper and clearly state: the full address and contact details of the organisation, the name and position of the counter signing officer, the name, position, salary and years of employment (only for professionals), confirmation of participation, entity that will pay the costs of travel and living and approval of leave or absence.
  • Copy of business licence (if applicable).

If an applicant is under 18 years old, additional documents should be submitted as described under ‘Minors’ in the menu on the left.

Please note that a work permit may be required. Check the information on the Swedish Migration Agency´s website: