Minors – extra documents
If you apply for a visa to visit Sweden as a minor, you need the documents listed below.
Minors are anyone under 18 years of age. The parent/legal guardian, or a friend/relative with a power of attorney from the parents/legal guardians, must accompany the minor when submitting the application.
An authorized English translation must be attached to any document in Chinese.
You must have:
- The documents required by all visa applicants. Read more under ‘Required documents’. Visa applications for minors must be signed by their custodians.
- A birth certificate or a proof of kinship with the parents, notarized and legalized by local MFA (Ministry of Foreign Affairs).
- Copies of the custodians’ ID cards. (no translation needed)
- If the minor is travelling without parents or with only one parent you must submit a letter of consent from both custodians/guardians, notarized and legalized by the local Ministry of Foreign Affairs. If there is only one custodian, a notarized and legalized document showing that this is the case must be attached to the application.
- Please note that both the parents/legal guardians need to sign the applications for minors.