You pay a fee for your visa application. The money is not refunded if your application is refused.
Fee for visa application
Adults: RMB 440
Children aged 6 - 12: RMB 260
The application fee is updated regularly.
VFS Global Visa Application Centre charges a service fee of RMB 146 per application, in addition to the above fee for the visa.
How to pay
If you are applying via VFS Global you pay in cash.
If you are applying directly at the Consulate, you must pay upon your visit. The Consulate accepts payment by credit card or cash.
The following pay no fee:
- Children under six years of age.
- School pupils, students, research students and accompanying teachers on study or training trips.
- Third-country researchers travelling for the purpose of pursuing scientific research.
- Representatives of non-governmental organisations who are aged 25 or under, who take part in seminars, conferences, sports events, cultural events or educational events organised by NGOs.
- Relatives of citizens of the EU, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Switzerland, if they travel together with them or will be meeting them in connection with the trip. Read more about which individuals are counted as relatives on the Swedish Migration Board website. Relatives of Swedish citizens have to pay a fee for visa applications.
Swedish Migration Agency website
Citizens of countries that have signed visa facilitation agreements with the EU pay a reduced fee or are exempt from payment. This applies to citizens of:
- Cape Verde
Visits longer than 90 days
D-visa: RMB 440
Residence permit for visits:
Adults: 1000 SEK (940 RMB)
Children: 500 SEK (470 RMB)