Change of name

An application for a legal change of name should be submitted to the Swedish Tax Authority. An application for a legal change of name may not be submitted along with a passport application.

Contact the Swedish Tax Authority to apply for a name change before applying for a new passport.

In order to legally change your name, you must complete and submit the name change registration form SKV 7630.  Read and follow the directions carefully.

If married, submit a copy of your marriage certificate and your spouse's valid ID.  Note that your spouse must co-sign the application.

Mail the application to the address on the form or to the local tax office where you were most recently registered. Directory of local tax offices.

Further information on how to change your name in Sweden.

In some cases you will need to change your name via the Swedish Patent and Registration Office.

When to contact PRV to change your name