Change of Name

An application for a legal change of name cannot be submitted along with a passport application. Contact the Swedish Tax Agency (Skatteverket) to apply for a name change before applying for a new passport.

In order to legally change your name, you must complete and submit the name change registration form SKV 7630.  Read and follow the directions carefully.

If married, submit a notarized copy of your marriage certificate.  Note that your spouse must co-sign the application.

Mail the application to the tax office where you were most recently registered.