Passport application for children under 18 years
For an application of a passport or a national ID-card for children under 18 years the following documents are required:
- The child has to come to the Embassy together with the parents or custodians. If only one of the parents is present, the written consent of the other parent must be signed.
- If only one parent has custody of the child, a final court decision has to be presented to verify this.
- The parents must verify their identity with a passport or valid ID-card.
- Swedish parents, who are not registered as residents in Sweden, must present residence permit in the country of residence.
- The child’s previous passport is required.
- The passport fee 142 euros( SEK 1400) is payable to the Embassy’s bank account at the Bank of Cyprus 357-009-698537. Ask the bank to enter the name of the applicant on the receipt. Receipt of payment of the passport fee must be presented at the time of application.
You must have all relevant documents with you. The Embassy can not accept an incomplete application. All documents must be in original in Swedish or English otherwise a certified translation is needed.
Passort is delivered only personally to the custodian of a child. The custodian must carry a valid ID document. Child's previous passport and receipt should be presented. Passport delivery Monday-Friday 09.00-12.00.