Passport application for a child under 18 years who has not had Swedish travel documents before
The child requires a coordination ID-number before an application for a passport or a national ID-card can be submitted.
Procedure of application:
- The child has to come to the Embassy together with the parents or custodians. If only one of the parents is present, a written consent of the other parent must be signed.
- If only one parent has custody of the child a court decision has to be presented to verify this.
- The parents must verify their identity with a passport or valid ID-card.
- Swedish parents, who are not registered as residents in Sweden, must present residence permit in the country of residence.
- Birth certificate should be presented as well as decision regarding the child’s name and coordination number.
- Marriage certificate of the parents (if married).
- For applicant who is not a Swedish citizen by birth, proof of Swedish citizenship is required.
- The passport fee 1400 SEK (141 euros) is payable to the Embassy’s bank account at the Bank of Cyprus 357-009-698537. Ask the bank to enter the name of the applicant on the receipt. Receipt of payment of the passport fee must be presented at the time of application.
You must have all relevant documents with you. The Embassy can not accept an incomplete application. All documents must be in original in Swedish or English otherwise a certified translation is needed.
Passort is delivered only personally to the custodian of a child. The custodian must carry a valid ID document. Application receipt should be presented. Passport delivery Monday-Friday 09.00-12.00.