Passport application for adults
For a person above 18 who previously has had a Swedish passport the following documents are required:
- Personal visit to the Embassy.
- Previous Swedish passport. If passport is no longer valid, another valid ID with photograph is required.
- Extract from the Swedish population registry (personbevis), not older than one month from Swedish Tax Agency.
- If the passport is stolen/lost a police report must be presented.
- Residence permit of the country of residence is required if you are not registered as resident in Sweden.
- Proof of any other nationality.
- The passport fee 1400 SEK (141 euros) is payable to the Embassy’s bank account at the Bank of Cyprus 357-009-698537. Ask the bank to enter the name of the applicant on the receipt. Receipt of payment of the passport fee must be presented at the time of application.
You must have all relevant documents with you. The Embassy can not accept an incomplete application. All documents must be in original in Swedish or English otherwise a certified translation is needed.
Delivery of a passport is only made to you personally. Bring with you the previous passport and receipt. Passport delivery Monday-Friday 09.00-12.00.