Application for coordination ID-number and registration of name

Children who have never had a Swedish passport, must first be registered in the Swedish population registry and receive a coordination number. A notification of the child’s name will be made at the same time. This application is free of charge.

The following documents are required for registration:

  • The child has to come to the Embassy with at least one of the parents.
  • Notification of name (form SKV 7750) signed by both parents or by the applicant if he or she is older than 12 years.
  • If only one parent or another person has custody of the child, a final court decision has to be presented.
  • The child’s original birth certificate with both parents’ name clearly written.
  • Swedish passport of the parent with Swedish citizenship.
  • For parent with other citizenship, a valid ID with photograph and clear signature.
  • Certificate from hospital or clinic verifying the birth of the child by the mother.
  • Marriage certificate of the parents (if married).


Please note!

You must have all relevant documents with you. The Embassy can not accept an incomplete application. All documents must be in original in Swedish or English otherwise a certified translation is needed.

When a child is born before 1 April 2015 to a Swedish father, where the mother is not Swedish and the parents are not married to each other, a notification to obtain Swedish nationality must be made to the Swedish Migration Agency. Please see attached document.