Change of Name

An application for a legal change of name cannot be submitted along with a passport application. An application for a name change must first be submitted to, and be approved by, the Swedish Tax Agency (Skatteverket) before it is possible to apply for a new passport.

In order to legally change your name, you must complete and submit the name change registration form SKV 7630.  Read and follow the directions carefully.

If married, submit a notarized copy of your marriage certificate.  Note that your spouse must co-sign the application. Also include a copy of your spouse's photo ID, e.g. passport.

Mail the application to the address listed on the form.