Certified Copy of Swedish Passport for ITIN

The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) requires that any application for an ITIN - Individual Taxpayer Identification Number – is accompanied by certified copies of supporting documents, such as a Swedish passport. 

As of June 22, 2012, the IRS will only accept copies of supporting documents certified by the issuing agency, and now require that a copy of a Swedish passport must be certified by a Swedish embassy or consulate abroad.

To obtain a certified copy of your Swedish passport through the Consulate General of Sweden in New York, please make an appointment during our visiting hours. Bring the passport in original as well as a photocopy of it. The fee for this service is $15:00. Please note that we are unable to certify copies of U.S. visas.