Required documents

If your visa application is to be considered, you must have the documents listed below. A number of other documents are also required, depending on what type of visit you are planning.

Check which additional documents you need in the menu on the left, under the heading for the type of visit you wish to make.

The forms must be completed either in Swedish or in English.

You must have:

  • A completed and signed Application for Schengen Visa form 119031 (The visa application form must be completed either in Swedish or in English)
  • Photograph in line with ICAO guidelines
  • Visa Fee in cash (RUB)
  • A passport or some other valid travel document.
    This must:
    - be valid for at least three months after your departure from the Schengen area
    - contain at least two empty pages
    - have been issued during the past ten years
  • Individual medical insurance covering the cost of emergency treatment and transport home for medical reasons. Read more under ‘Medical travel insurance
  • Enough money to support yourself during your stay. In general, Sweden requires you to have SEK 450 per day/person. The required amount may be less if for instance you have paid for board and lodging in advance or live with friends or relatives. The embassy requires proof that you can support yourself, e.g. in the form of Proof of employment (with salary information); if not available, other proof of financial means and will to return (e.g. bank/credit card statement(s) covering at least three preceding months, proof of real estate property in Russia or proof of sponsorship).
    If the person who is inviting you to Sweden will be paying for your support, you must show in the same way that he/she has enough money to do so
  • Copy of your internal Russian passport (issued from 14 years of age), pages with photograph, registered address in Russia, marital status and issued foreign passports)
  • Documents that are specifically associated with the type of visit you are planning. Check under the relevant heading in the menu on the left

If you are under 18 years or are accompanied by children – additional documents as described under ‘Minors’ in the menu on the left.

In cases of third-country nationals, proof of legal residence in the Russian Federation in line with federal legislation (e.g. residence permit, long-term visa or FMS registration), valid for at least three months after the planned return from the Schengen area or a document proving that the applicant has applied for a renewal of proof of legal residence. If the applicant is not residing in the Russian Federation, proof of legal presence in the Russian Federation and justification for submitting visa application in the Russian Federation instead of the country of residence.

To facilitate the submission of documents for a visa, you can prepare:

  • consular fee without change
  • a copy of the page of the national passport with information about identity and validity, as well as pages with Schengen visas
  • translation of official documents and cover letters into English or Swedish

Latest updated on 02 August 2017.