You pay a fee for your visa application. The money is not refunded if your application is rejected.
Fee for visa application
Due to the visa facilitation agreement between the EU and the Russian Federation, Russian citizens pay a reduced application fee for the Schengen visa.
Visa for Russian citizens: 2400 roubles (EUR 35)*
Urgent visa for Russian citizens: 4800 roubles (EUR 70)
* Citizens of countries not covered by a visa facilitation agreement: 4100 roubles (EUR 60)
The application fee is tied to the euro and is revised in the event of any major shift in the exchange rate.
VFS Global charges a service fee per application, in addition to the above fee for the visa. Please visit the VFS Global website for more information about their current service fee.
How to pay
You pay in cash at the same time as you apply for a visa and only in Russian roubles.
Exemptions according to the Visa Facilitation Agreement (processing time 3-5 days):
- close relatives – husband/wife, children, parents, grandparents and grandchildren
- members in national or regional governmental authorities
- participants in international junior sport events
- participants in scientific and culture events, including exchange programs
- participants in exchange programs between sister cities
- disabled persons and co-applicants
- travellers with humanitarian reason
- travellers who have to undergo an urgent medical treatment and their co-applicants
- applicants, travelling to a funeral or to visit an ill relative
Exemptions for applicants not covered by a Visa Facilitation Agreement (Visa codex)
- children under six years of age.
- school pupils, students, research students and accompanying teachers on study or training trips.
- third-country researchers travelling for the purpose of pursuing scientific research.
- representatives of non-governmental organisations who are aged 25 or under, who take part in seminars, conferences, sports events, cultural events or educational events organised by NGOs.
relatives of citizens of the EU, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Switzerland, if they travel together with them or will be meeting them in connection with the trip. Relatives of Swedish citizens have to pay a fee for visa applications.
Read more about which individuals are counted as relatives on the Swedish Migration Agency website.
Swedish Migration Agency website
Citizens of countries that have signed visa facilitation agreements with the EU pay a reduced fee or are exempt from payment. This applies to citizens of:
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Cape Verde
Visits longer than 90 days
Adults and children: 4100 roubles (EUR 60)
Residence permit for a visit
Adults: 7100 roubles (SEK 1000)
Children under 18: 3500 roubles (SEK 500)
Latest updated on 02 August 2017.