Business visit – extra documents
If you apply for a visa to visit Sweden on business, you need the documents listed below.
You must have:
- The documents required by all visa applicants. Read more under ‘Required documents’
- Invitation letter from an inviting company or organization where the purpose and duration of the visit are stated as well as who is responsible for your expenses during your stay
- In circumstances where necessary information is missing in the letter, a certificate of employment is requested
Additional documentation is required for the following categories of business travellers:
Drivers (international cargo and passengers):
- Written request from the Russian national association of carriers (ASMAP or RAS) or the national association of carriers of the Member State stating the purpose, duration and frequency of trips
- A certificate or other document issued by a professional organisation proving that the person is a qualified journalist
- Letter from his/her employer stating that the purpose of the journey is to carry out journalistic work
(Freelance journalists: proof of journalistic activity (e.g. a press card or work contract) and proof of economic activity/financial means (e.g. 2NDFL or 3NDFL form, excerpt from the trade/fiscal registry, certificate for individual business, bank statement(s) covering at least three preceding months).
Latest updated on 02 August 2017.