How to apply if you live in the Philippines

Most people applying for a work permit should apply online, as it is the easiest way. Regardless of how you apply, your work permit must have been granted before you leave for Sweden.

Swedish Migration Agency online application

If you cannot or do not wish to apply online, you can submit an application for a work permit on a paper form to the Swedish Consulate-General in Manila, Mondays to Fridays 09.00 – 12.00. It is not necessary to make an appointment.

You can find the address of the Consulate-General under ‘Contact’ in the menu on the left.

To find out which rules apply, which documents are required and how you go about applying for a permit, please see the menu on the left.

Residence Permit Card
If you are granted a permit for more than three months, you will receive a residence permit card. If you need a visa to enter Sweden, which is the case for instance for citizens of the Philippines, you must arrange for the card before your departure. This means you must visit the embassy in Bangkok to provide your biometric data.

It can take up to four weeks for the residence permit card to be prepared and delivered to the embassy. Once the card has arrived there, the embassy will send it to the Consulate-General in Manila, where you can collect it. Cards can be collected from the Consulate-General on Mondays to Fridays, 09.00 – 12.00.

Read more under ‘Fees’ on the Embassy of Sweden in Bangkok's homepage to learn which fees apply.

If you are making an online application, you pay electronically when applying.

If you apply at the Consulate-General, you have to pay the fee there. In addition, there is a dispatch charge of PHP 300. The fee, including the dispatch charge, is payable to:

The Consulate General of Sweden
Savings account no.0019102429-400
Bangkok Bank
The Enterprise Center, Ayala Avenue, Makati City