Applying for a work permit

If you are a citizen of a country outside the EU and wish to work in Sweden, in most cases you need a work permit.

The easiest way to apply for a work permit is to do so online. Applications over the internet go directly to the Swedish Migration Agency.

If you are interested in working in Sweden, you can also find information on the website Working in Sweden.

Working in Sweden

Approval from the Philippine authorities 

Before leaving for Sweden, you must contact the POEA - Philippine Overseas Employment Administration to get official approval to leave the Philippines to work abroad:

Hotlines: 02-722-11-44  and 02-722-11-55


Official Website:


Blas F. Ople Building

Ortigas Avenue corner EDSA

Mandaluyong City