Applying for a residence permit to move to a close relative in Sweden

If you want to move to Sweden to live with a close relative, you need a residence permit.

Other rules apply if you or the close relative in Sweden are citizens of an EU/EEA country (other than Sweden). A close relative may for instance be a husband or wife, a common law spouse or a child (a minor).


The easiest way to apply for a residence permit is to apply online over the Internet.

Swedish Migration Agency online application

If you cannot or do not want to apply online, you can submit an application document in person to the Swedish Consulate in Manila. You will need to make an appointment to submit the application.