Co-ordination number/children

Co-ordination Number/Swedish Personal Number: If you want to apply for a Swedish passport for your child

A Co-ordination Number is issued instead of a Swedish Personal Number to children born outside of Sweden. Parents apply for a Co-ordination Number only when they intend to apply for a Swedish passport for their child.

The following documents are required when applying for a Co-ordination Number:

  • Both parents must come to the Embassy with the child and present their valid passports or identity cards
  • Original Birth Certificate, in which both parents names are shown
  • Marriage Certificate, if married
  • Extract from the population register (regarding the parent(s), i.e. the one(s) that is/are (a) Swedish citizen(s)) from Skatteverket, maximum one month old

Call Skatteverket at +46 8 564 851 60 and ask them to fax it directly to the Embassy at +63 2 811 7940 or order it online from Skatteverkets website which will take 3-4 days.

  • If the mother is a Swedish citizen and registered in Sweden and gives birth to a child outside of Sweden a Medical Certificate (in which a doctor or the equivalent to a doctor verifies that the mother has carried the child) has to be submitted.

The application is free of charge for children born after 1 April 2015. A fee is required for children born before the said date.

Please observe:

  • The processing time for a Co-ordination Number could take up to 8-12 weeks.
  • After the Co-ordination Number has been received a passport application has to be made within three (3) months. If the passport application is not made within this time the Co-ordination Number may be cancelled.
  • It is not possible to apply for a Co-ordination Number directly at Skatteverket in Sweden. This has to be made in person at the Embassy.