Online application e-visa
If you want to visit Sweden and you are a citizen of a country outside the EU, you may need to apply for a visa.
The quickest and easiest way to apply for a visa is to apply online. Online applications are given priority, you can pay and make an appointment while applying and your compulsory visit to the embassy will go faster.
Step by step for the visa online.
- Choose the Embassy in Lusaka
- Create user name/password.
- Print out the Application you have filled in.
- To have a credit card for the payment.
- Bring the e-application print out and list of requirements as hard copies, in the correct order when coming to the Embassy (you don´t have to attach any of the required documents at the slots of the e-visa ).
- The processing time is approximately 15 days starting from the date you visit the Embassy in person, not from the date you have applied online.
To apply online please click on the following link
Swedish Migration Agency web application
You also get access to the e-service ‘My page for e-visa’, where you can for instance change your appointment or see if your case decision has arrived.
To check your online application please click on the following link
My page for e-visa on the Swedish Migration Agency website
If you cannot or do not want to apply online, you can submit your application the ordinary way, please check all information for the ordinary way under Visa for visiting Sweden - All Nationalities. An appointment is required.
Avoid other people selling services
Please note that the embassy has nothing to do with sellers outside the premises of the embassy who offer services for payment. No sellers can influence either the processing period or the decision.