Sports or cultural visit – extra documents
If you apply for a visa to visit Sweden or any of the other Schengen countries that the Embassy of Sweden in Lusaka represent, for a sporting or cultural purpose, you need the documents listed below.
The documents you want to support your statements with, are to be handed in as copies, and you should bring the original for comparison.
- A completed and signed application form no. 119031, Application for Schengen Visa.
- A passport or some other valid travel document.
- be valid for at least three months after your departure from the Schengen area
- contain at least two empty pages
- have been issued during the past ten years.
- One passport size photo with a light background, taken straight from the front and not older than six months.
- Application fee, unless exempted.
If the above documents are not submitted, the application will not be taken up for examination.
Should be included in the application
- Previous passports, and copies of the personal information page, as well as previous travel experience
- Invitation letter from organizer in Sweden which should state
Duration of visit
Purpose of visit
Who will cover the expenses of the visit
- a letter from employer stating terms of the contract and monthly income and who will cover the expenses of the visit, and the purpose and length of the visit
- Trade license
- Pay slips/proof of paid participation fee
- Bank statement of whoever is paying for the visit, showing the transactions of the last three months
- Medical travel insurance
- Booked flight ticket
- Hotel booking
- Documents showing ownership of property or other item
- Marriage certificate, and copy of it
- Birth certificate of children, and copy of it
- Personal bank statement (bank history of at least 3 months)
- Documentation of background justifying the participation
If the above documents are not submitted, the handling time will most likely be delayed due to request to submit additional information. Failure to do so could lead to refusal.