You pay a fee for your visa application. The money is not refunded if your application is rejected.
Fee for visa application
Adults: 60 euro or 620 kwacha
Children aged 6 - 12: 35 euro or 370 kwacha
The application fee is tied to the euro and is revised every quarter or in the event of any major shift in the exchange rate.
How to pay
Before you e-mail the Embassy to schedule an appointment, you should go to Stanbic bank and pay the visa fee using a deposit slip that you find in the right column.
Please note: starting 14 August 2017 the embassy will no longer accept cash as payment for your visa fee.
The following pay no fee:
- Children under six years of age.
- Relatives of citizens of the EU, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Switzerland, if they travel together with them or will be meeting them in connection with the trip. Read more about which individuals are counted as relatives on the Swedish Migration Agency website. Relatives of Swedish citizens have to pay a fee for visa applications.
Fee exemptions (only for applicants travelling to Sweden):
- School pupils, students, research students and accompanying teachers on study or training trips.
- Third-country researchers travelling for the purpose of pursuing scientific research.
- Representatives of non-governmental organisations who are aged 25 or under, who take part in seminars, conferences, sports events, cultural events or educational events organised by NGOs.
Swedish Migration Agency website
Citizens of countries that have signed visa facilitation agreements with the EU pay a reduced fee or are exempt from payment. This applies to citizens of:
Visits longer than 90 days
Adults and children: EUR 60 or 630 kwacha
Residence permits for a visit
Adults: SEK 1 000 Children under 18: SEK 500