Applying for a visa to Sweden, Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Latvia, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Iceland or Switzerland
If you want to visit Sweden, Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Latvia, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Iceland or Switzerland and you are a citizen of a country outside the EU, you may need to apply for a visa.
List of countries whose citizens require visas to visit Sweden
An application for a visa needs to be submitted in person at the Swedish embassy. In order for the Embassy to give an appointment for submitting a visa application the following information needs to be provided via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Full names, date of birth and nationality of applicant/s
- Information about the purpose of the intended travel - including which country/countries the applicant intend to visit
- Type of passport and its validity
- Intended travel dates
- Information regarding any current valid Schengen visa (to avoid overlapping with the current application)
- Proof of residency/copy of permit for Zambia for non-Zambian citizens
- A scanned colour copy of the host/invitee's identity/passport/personal number
- The number of applicants including their full names and nationality
- If previous applications have been made, the file/dossier number
- A local contact telephone number
- The language spoken
Rules and required documents
Read about the rules, which documents are required and how you apply in the menu on the left.
Avoid other people selling services
Please note that the embassy has nothing to do with sellers outside the premises of the embassy who offer services for payment. No sellers can influence either the processing period or the decision.