Vacancy - Regional Programme Officer /Advisor
The Embassy of Sweden in Lusaka - Regional SRHR Section - is recruiting a locally employed Regional Programme OFficer/Advisor on Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) in Sub-Saharan Africa (fixed 2 years, possibilit of extension).
Reference number: UM2017/43203/LUSA
Closing date for applications: 22nd December 2017
Start date: 5th February 2018
The Embassy of Sweden in Lusaka is Sweden’s third largest foreign mission in Africa and has approximately 40 employees. The overall tasks of the Embassy include political and economic reporting, trade promotion, development cooperation, as well as consular and visa services.
The regional development cooperation is governed by a strategy for sexual and reproductive health and rights in Sub-Saharan Africa 2015 – 2019. The Regional work on SRHR is mainly focused on:
Our main development cooperation partners are civil society organisations, United Nations and other multilateral organisations, Regional Economic Communities, research institutions, and other donors. We also have a consultative role to the Swedish Embassies in the region as well as to the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) and the Swedish Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA). The position includes approximately 15% regional and international travel. The embassy offers a comprehensive employment package, including health coverage and retirement benefits.
There are presently 11 staff positions within the SRHR-section and there are both sent-out staff and locally employed staff. All staff report to the Counsellor and Head of the Regional SRHR-Section
To be successful in this job, the incumbent staff member will be required to represent fundamental norms and values as formulated in the Swedish Feminist Foreign Policy, including integrated SRHR.
Main duties of the Regional Programme Officer include:
- A Master’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, social
sciences, public health, or similar
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience working on health and/or SRHR
- Demonstrated experience in development cooperation, project portfolio management and performance monitoring
- Good written and oral communication skills in English
- Good interpersonal skills and experience of working in a multicultural environment
- Experiences and knowledge of relevant UN-agencies
- Experiences of Results Based Management
The application must include:
- Cover letter motivating your application
- Names and contact details (telephone and email) of 2 references
The application and any inquiries should refer to the reference number UF2017/43203-LUSA. For further information, please write to the Embassy on: email@example.com.
Applications are preferred via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.