Live in Sweden

On 29 March 2017 UK Prime Minister Theresa May notified the President of the European Council of the UK’s intention to start exit negotiations to leave the EU. The UK leaving the EU may bring changes for Swedish citizens and companies in the country. Until the exit negotiations are completed the UK remains a member of the EU

See our page
The United Kingdom and the EU

New changes to the Swedish migration and asylum policy. Does it affect you?
Read more about the changes

Non EU/EEA citizens must apply for a residence permit
Applying for a residence permit

EU/EEA Citizen
If you are a Citizen of an EU or EEA country and are planning to live in Sweden for one year or more, you are generally required to be registered in the Swedish Population Register. Once registered you will receive a Swedish ID number.
You can either have your own right of Residence (uppehållsrätt) or you can have right of Residence (uppehållstillstånd) as a family member.
Find out more.
Swedish Tax Agency

Look at the website of the Swedish Migration AgencyAlso always check with the Swedish Migration Agency for information further information on working and living in Sweden as an EU citizen.
Swedish Migration Agency

Swedish ID number
Your ID number is a necessary part of daily life in Sweden as it is used in all your transactions with authorities ,employers, schools, universities, shops, estate agents, banks etc.
Swedish Tax Agency

Learning Swedish
Find courses and tutors in the UK and Sweden:
Learning Swedish

Information on Sweden is the official gateway to Sweden. The website has information on all aspects of Swedish life and society including health care, equality, moving to Sweden, how Sweden is governed, culture, food news, articles and much more.

Moving to Sweden for work is your practical step by step guide which also includes finding somewhere to live.

Swedish News in English
The Local
Swedish Wire (Swedish business, economy and current affairs)
Swedish Radio (SR)

Working and paying tax
For information see :
Work in Sweden – EU/EEA citizens

The website of Ministry of Health and Social Affairs has some very useful information on healthcare, health and social issues/insurance
Ministry of Health and Social Affairs

Also see the website of the
Social Insurance Agency