Business Visa/Conference Visa
Visa applications are by appointment only.
For where and how to apply for a visa see
Visa for visiting Sweden
Please bring the following documents:
- Application for Schengen Visa (Form 119031) – to be completed, signed and dated.
- Appendix A: Questionnaire for Visa Applicants (Form 210021) - must be completed by all applicants.
Link to application forms
- The passport should not be older than 10 years and be valid for three months after departure from the territory of the Schengen countries and contain two blank visa-pages. Residents of the United Kingdom who are returning to the UK after a visit to Sweden are required to hold a residence/work permit enabling them to return to the UK exceeding that of the visa by three months.
- Two (2) recent (not older than 6 months) passport photographs with a white background.
- Proof of purpose of the visit, i.e. a letter of invitation from your foreign business partner explaining the nature and duration of stay applied for as well as the Swedish company's Registration Certificate. If you are visiting the Swedish office of your company, the letter of invitation must be issued by the Swedish office.
- Evidence of occupation status. Bring a proof of your current occupation in the UK, i.e. a recent original letter from your employer, a solicitor or the Company House.
- Evidence that you have sufficient funds to support yourself during your stay, i.e. original recent bank statement, traveller's cheques or postal order.
- A valid personal travel medical insurance covering
– 30,000 Euros
– emergency treatment by a doctor
– urgent ambulance transportation
– transportation back to the applicant's home country if required for medical reasons
- Children under 18 must have their birth certificate with them.
- Children travelling alone or with one parent must have letter of consent and proof of ID of both parents or the none travelling parent. In the absence of consent letter only sole custody and residence orders from the courts will be accepted.
- Bring a pre-paid special delivery envelope from the post-office with you as we will return all passports by post. Otherwise a postage fee will be charged.
Please bring photocopies of both your passport (photo page and UK-permit page) and of those original documents that you wish to keep (i.e. marriage certificate, bankstatement). Remember that the Embassy does not return any documents.
Cost of visa
The equivalent of €60 (at present £52). Children 6-12 years of age €35 (at present £30). The fee is payable on submission of the visa application and non-refundable. Payment should be made in cash, cheque or by postal order.
There is no visa fee for the following applicants:
- children under 6 years of age
- school pupils, students and accompanying teachers on study or educational trips
- researchers - on research trips
- for EU/EEA-spouses and their children (under 21), registered partners and co-habiting partners of EU/EEA nationals (does not apply for co-habiting partners of Swiss citizens). The original Marriage Certificate or original full Birth Certificate with parents' names must be submitted together with spouse's/parent's original passport.
The previous fee of €35 (£31) will remain in force for citizens of Russia, Ukraine, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia and Moldova.