Airport Transit Visa
The airport transit visa allows holders to pass through the territory of the Schengen member state without access to the national territory of the Schengen member state.
Visa Applications are by appointment only.
For where and how to apply for a visa see
Visa for visiting Sweden
Nationals of the following countries require an airport transit visa to transit through a Swedish airport unless they are residents in an EU/EEA member state with permission to return at least three months after transiting Sweden:
- Democratic Republic of Congo
- Sri Lanka
The transit visa enables applicants to pass through the territory of one or more Schengen member states on their way to another country outside the Schengen area.
Please submit the following documents:
- Application for Transit Visa (Form 119031, same as Application for Schengen Visa), to be completed, signed and dated.
- Appendix D: Family Appendix for Applicants (Form 239011) - must be completed by all applicants.
Link to application forms
- National passport or other travel document.
- Copy of airline ticket(s).
- Children under 18 must have their birth certificate with them.
- Children travelling alone or with one parent must have letter of consent and proof of ID of both parents or the none travelling parent. In the absence of consent letter only sole custody and residence orders from the courts will be accepted.
Cost of visa
The equivalent of €60 (at present £52). The fee is payable on submission of the visa application and non-refundable. Payment should be made in cash, cheque or by postal order.
There is no visa fee for the following applicants:
- children under 6 years of age
- school pupils, students and accompanying teachers on study or educational trips
- researchers - on research trips
- for EU/EEA-spouses and their children (under 21), registered partners and co-habiting partners of EU/EEA nationals (does not apply for co-habiting partners of Swiss citizens). The original Marriage Certificate or original full Birth Certificate with parents' names must be submitted together with spouse's/parent's original passport.
The previous fee of €35 (£30) will remain in force for citizens of Russia, Ukraine, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia and Moldova.