Passport child under 18

  • swedish_flag

    The Swedish flag. Photo: Ola Ericson/

Applicants under 18 years of age who has previously held a Swedish passport are required to:

  • Book appointment
  • Attend the Embassy with at least one guardian
  • Complete the application form
  • Complete the Guardian Certificate. It has to be signed by both guardians and witnessed by two persons living in the UK.
  • The guardians must bring their own passport/valid photo ID. If only one guardian accompanies the child he/she needs to bring the absent guardian’s valid passport/photo ID. A Swedish parent must bring a valid passport or national ID card.
  • If the child only has one guardian we need to see legally valid  proof. (extract from Swedish population register/court order)
  • Bring the child’s previous passport.
    If the passport has been lost/stolen we need a police report. The lost/stolen passport will be invalidated by the Embassy
  • A birth certificate with both parents’/guardians’ names – if the child was born abroad.
  • A Letter of non-acquisition of British Citizenship – for a Swedish parent who moved to the UK before 1998
  • The fee - £131, £8 postage if you want to collect from a Swedish Consulate. £14 will then be payable to the Consulate when you collect your passport.

All documents must be in original.