Passport child under 18
Applicants under 18 years of age who has previously held a Swedish passport are required to:
- Book appointment
- Attend the Embassy with at least one guardian
- Complete the application form
- Complete the Guardian Certificate. It has to be signed by both guardians and witnessed by two persons living in the UK.
- The guardians must bring their own passport/valid photo ID. If only one guardian accompanies the child he/she needs to bring the absent guardian’s valid passport/photo ID. A Swedish parent must bring a valid passport or national ID card.
- If the child only has one guardian we need to see legally valid proof. (extract from Swedish population register/court order)
- Bring the child’s previous passport.
If the passport has been lost/stolen we need a police report. The lost/stolen passport will be invalidated by the Embassy
- A birth certificate with both parents’/guardians’ names – if the child was born abroad.
- A Letter of non-acquisition of British Citizenship – for a Swedish parent who moved to the UK before 1998
- The fee - £125, £8 postage if you want to collect from a Swedish Consulate. £13 will then be payable to the Consulate when you collect your passport.
All documents must be in original.