You pay a fee for your visa application or your work or residence permit application. The money is not refunded if your application is rejected.

How to pay

If you are applying for a visa via VFS Global, you pay at one of VFS Global's Visa Application Centres.

If you are applying directly at the Embassy, you must pay before your visit there. You must submit the receipt (in original) from the bank to the Visa Chancellery when applying for a visa. The Swedish Embassy has a new bank account in OTP Bank for application fees. The following bank details have to be used:
Отримувач: Посольство Швеції в Україні
Банк отримувача: АТ «ОТП Банк»
Рахунок: 26002004400015,
МФО: 300528
Код ЄДРПОУ: 22971307
You can pay the fee to any bank in Ukraine not only OTP Bank branches. Please note that only those who submit an application directly to the Embassy should pay the fee to this bank account. The fee will not be refunded in case of a rejection.
Ukrainian citizens pay the fee in Ukrainian hryvnia, Georgian citizens pay the fee in US-dollars.

Visa Fees

Ukraine have signed a visa facilitation agreement with the EU, and therefore, Ukrainian citizens pay a reduced fee when applying for a visa to Sweden.

Adults: 35 euros.
Children aged 0-18: Free.

The application fee is tied to the euro and is revised in the event of any major shift in the exchange rate. Please see the document to the right on this page for the current fees.

VFS Global
VFS Global charges a fee of 22,3 euro per application, in addition to the above fee for the visa.

Fee exemptions

The following pay no fee:

  • Close relatives — spouses, children (including adopted) parents (including custodians), grandparents and grandchildren — of citizens of Ukraine legally residing in the territory of the Member States
  • Members of official delegations who, following an official invitation addressed to Ukraine, shall participate in meetings, consultations, negotiations or exchange programmes, as well as in events held in the territory of one of the Member States by intergovernmental organisations
  • Members of national and regional Governments and Parliaments, Constitutional Courts and Supreme Courts
  • Pupils, students, post-graduate students and accompanying teachers who undertake trips for the purpose of study or educational training
  • Disabled persons and the person accompanying them, if necessary
  • Persons who have presented documents proving the necessity of their travel on humanitarian grounds, including to receive urgent medical treatment and the person accompanying such person, or to attend a funeral of a close relative, or to visit a close relative seriously ill
  • Participants in international sports events and persons in professional positions accompanying them; coaches, masseurs, managers, medical staff and head of the sports club
  • Persons participating in scientific, cultural and artistic activities including university and other exchange programmes
  • Participants in official exchange programmes organised by twin cities
  • Journalists
  • Pensioners
  • Drivers conducting international cargo and passenger transportation services to the territories of the Member States in vehicles registered in Ukraine
  • Members of train, refrigerator and locomotive crews in international trains, travelling to the territories of the Member States
  • Children under the age of 18 and dependant children under the age of 21.

Fees for visits longer than 90 days

Please refer to the document to the right of this text for the current fees.

Fees for work permit application

Work permit application: SEK 2 000.

Application for your family

Adults: SEK 1 000.

Children under 18: SEK 500.

Special fees for certain occupations

For some occupations, special fees are required. These are: artists, au pairs, visiting researchers, athletes and coaches. They pay SEK 1 000. 

If the employer pays

If the employer wants to pay the application fee, and you have not applied online, the fee is to be paid as described above.

Application fees for residence permits

Adults: SEK 1 500.
Children under 18: SEK 750 SEK.


The following persons can apply for a residence permit without having to pay a fee:

  • Husbands, wives, registered partners or common-law spouses (cohabitees) and children under the age of 18 who are applying for a residence permit on the grounds of family ties to a foreign citizen who has received a residence permit as a refugee, as a person in need of protection or due to particularly distressing circumstances. Parents and siblings of children in need of protection and living in Sweden are not covered by the exemptions.
  • Family members of EU/EEA citizens. (Please note that Swedes do not count as EU citizens in this context.)
  • EU/EEA citizens
  • Citizens of Switzerland and their family members
  • Citizens of Japan.