Visit for longer than 90 days
If you wish to visit Sweden for more than 90 days, you need to apply for a visitor's permit.
Read more about visitor’s permits on the Swedish Migration Agency website.
Applying for a visitor’s permit
The forms must be completed either in Swedish or in English. Documents issued by the authorities in your country of origin must be translated into English or Swedish by an authorised translator.
You can submit your application at the Embassy on any working Tuesday between 09.30 and 12.30 without making an appointment. Please note that you cannot submit your application for a visitor’s permit at VFS Global.
- The form Application for a visitor’s permit.
- The form Family details – appendix to your application.
- A passport or some other valid travel document.
- A copy of the first page in your passport, and of any extensions and/or name changes in the passport.
- Your previous passport(s) if a new passport has been issued over the past 12 months.
- One recently taken colour photograph in passport format that is no older than six months and is 45 mm x 35 mm in size. The photo must be taken against a light background and show you looking straight ahead.
- Account statement or other document showing that you have sufficient funds for your time in Sweden.
- A return ticket or other document showing that you have sufficient funds to buy one.
- And - if you are planning to visit relatives – documents showing family ties.
- And – if you are under 18 or are accompanied by children – the form Application for a visitor’s permit for a child. Note that additional documents are required for applicants under the age of 18. Check under ‘Minors – extra documents’.
The person you will be visiting in Sweden needs the following documents:
Documents must not be older than three months.
Adults pay 1000 SEK.
Children pay 500 SEK.
A list of the current fees can be found here.
The fee for a visitor’s permit has to be paid before the visit to the Embassy. Bring the receipt in original. The following bank details have to be used:
Отримувач: Посольство Швеції в Україні
Банк отримувача: АТ «ОТП Банк»
Код ЄДРПОУ: 22971307
You can pay the fee to any bank in Ukraine not only OTP Bank branches. The fee will not be refunded in case of a rejection.