If you have lost your passport you can apply for an emergency passport. This passport is only issued for a specific trip that is close in time, and with a maximum validity period of seven months.
You have responsibility to confirm that the country that you intend to visit accepts an emergency passport on entry. This information can be given by your travel agent or the embassy of the country in question.
The following is required for application for an emergency passport:
- The person applying for an emergency passport needs to be present at the Embassy.
- Two passport photos.
- Completed form for emergency passport (at the Embassy).
- If the passport was stolen: police report.
- Valid identity card.
- If possible: extract of the population register no older than 1 month.
- Flight ticket and stated length of trip.
- For individuals below the age of 18: parental approval.
The ordinary passport will be cancelled on application of an emergency passport.
The fee is SEK 1 600 in local currency.
Contact email@example.com in advance for urgent requests.