Driving license

Your driving license should be renewed every 10 years. It should also be renewed if it has been destroyed, lost or if personal information has been changed.

An application for renewal of your driving license need to be submitted in writing.

If you are a Swedish citizen permanently residing in a country outside of the EEA-area, you need to also supply documentation proving your permanent residence in that country.

Form to fill in for renewal of your driving license is available at the Embassy. You are responsible for sending the form together with passport photos to the Swedish Transport Agency (Transportstyrelsen).

The driving license will be sent to the Embassy. The Embassy will charge an administration fee on collection.


EEA-area: EU countries and Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway