You pay a fee for your residence permit application. The money is not refunded if your application is rejected.

Fee for residence permits for studies

Adults: UGX 430 000 (SEK 1 000)
Children under 18: UGX 210 000 (SEK 500)

Fee for family members

Adults: UGX 430 000 (SEK 1 000)
Children under 18: UGX 210 000 (SEK 500)


If you are applying online, you pay with a credit card or a bank card.

If you are applying on a paper form, the fee must be paid by the applicant to the Embassy account (9030006358003), at any Stanbic Bank Branch.

Applicants may collect payment slips at Stanbic Bank. Each applicant must fill out one slip where full name of the applicant should be clearly stated.

Once a payment has been made the pink return slip is to be submitted at the Embassy together with the application.


Some people are not required to pay for their applications, including the following:

  • Students on scholarships from Sida or another Swedish organisation or international organisation, such as the EU or UNICEF

More about fees and exemptions on the Swedish Migration Board website

Study fees

You may also be required to pay a fee for your studies. This is decided by each respective university or university college. Contact the school concerned for information.